Unfortunately for my wife and I, Premier FL DJ’s missed the mark for our wedding reception.

My wife and I work in meetings and events and made a point to provide clear and thorough instructions to DJ Ricky. We provided a timeline for the event as well as a music list that corresponded to that timeline, so that Ricky would know how we wanted the music to flow through the evening.

During meal service, we requested “Soft/Jazzy” music to play as background music. Ricky played upbeat Adult Contemporary music (with lyrics) at a low volume. These two things are not alike.

After the “Parents Dance,” Ricky was instructed to play music that appealed to our diverse guests. Primarily, music that would appeal to our older guests.

The list of artists that I provided included:

The Temptations

Franki Valley and the Four Seasons

Dean Martin

Celine Dion

Nat King Cole

Frank Sinatra

This list was overlooked. Again, he defaulted to Modern Adult Contemporary music with artists that my mother, aunt, uncle, etc didn’t know. He played one Benny Goodman song that got them up, but, they sat down right after that when he went back to his routine playlist.

After the cake cutting and some other bride/groom games, we had a second “Open Dance” period. This was going to be for the younger guests that we knew would stay later.

The list of artists that we provided included:

The Pet Shop Boys

Depeche Mode

The B-52’s

Celia Cruz

Luis Miguel

Marc Anthony

as well as a variety of Salsa, Merengue, and Bachata music

Nothing close to those artists or genres was played.

In normal day-to-day situations, if I don’t receive the service that I am expecting, I let the person know, and give them an opportunity to correct the situation. As the groom at his own reception, I am eating my meal, holding my wifes hand, receiving good wishes from friends and family, having pictures taken, etc; I don’t have time to micromanage the DJ. That is why my wife and I put time and effort in making the timeline and music list in advance, so, that the DJ would have a clear direction.

At the end of the night, we paid the remaining amount that was due and left. I didn’t have any interest in rehashing my concerns at midnight on my wedding day.

Had an Experience with Premier Florida DJs?

Comments

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #723580

Just a question....did you get references and CHECK!!!! before booking.....

robertfaircloth
to LTCC #723618

There were some good reviews. But, I am burdened with the fact that Entertainment Production is what I do for a living and despite the clear direction that I gave the DJ, he just wasn't able to fulfill or anticipate my needs.

I left this review so that as other consumers "get references and check," they would be able to make a sound decision.